Monday, September 26, 2011

Shiny, Happy People

So I may or may not have spent the weekend in sweatpants doing incredibly important things, and by "incredibly important things" I mean, "watching movies (some for the second - or maybe fourth) time and playing Zombie Gunship on the iPad."

It was awesome, and only slightly depressing when I walked outside (gasp!) to get the mail and managed to run into the entire neighborhood and their dogs in my men's extra large sweatshirt, high school track sweatpants, and pink slippers. The picture of elegance, I tell you.

But after every unproductive weekend comes a Monday, and I hit this one head-on in the most cheery yet work appropriate outfit I could muster in a desperate bid to outshine the crappy weather.


I have no idea why this picture turned out so yellow, other than that maybe the light in my room is crappier than it looks. The skirt is actually a medium tan with silver, as seen below:

Have I mentioned recently how much I miss living near the J.Crew warehouse? My bank account appreciates the distance, but my soul does not.

On a completely unrelated note: The pink-and-glitter nails didn't even make it a week. I would like to attribute their premature demise to my hard-partying lifestyle, but realistically it's because I put on too many coats of polish too quickly (Essie polishes are super sheer, so opaque = 3-4 coats) and they started to peel on day 2, which resulted in picking at my nails from days 3 to 5.

The lesson? Patience, grasshopper. Or thicker polish next time. Probably both. That, or marry a bajillionaire so I can get manicures when my nails are looks especially raggedy. Equally probable scenarios, which doesn't say much for my nail polish game but I'm okay with it.

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence, as I would love to spend a day being you, Miss Yates! How's about we make a switch, Freaky Friday-style? More Jodie Foster, less Lindsey Lohan.

    Also, I miss you terribly! We need a Virginia Appreciation Day before you disappear to who knows where for your mission!

    ReplyDelete