Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Long Story Short . . .

My hair has gotten out of control. Think I'm kidding?

I give you Exhibit A, as rad-ified by Instagram:

Yes, there is a clip in my mouth and no, I don't know why I'm throwing some serious shade at the soap dispenser.

And because you weren't totally positive I took these in the courtroom's bathroom, Exhibit B:

Cradling invisible produce.

And just for reference's sake, I'm 5'1", 5'2" on a good day. Now normally having long hair doesn't bother me too terribly much - I've never had short hair, and my version of an "adventurous" hair cut was getting bangs a few years back (which looked cute for about 10 minutes, or until I realized there was no way I could style them like the hairdresser) but with interview season looming on the horizon and temperatures in the DC area reaching the 100s, I'm starting to realize I am in desperate need of a haircut.

Thus begins the neverending struggle between me, myself, and those I force to listen to me and myself argue. In my mind, I'm stylish and edgy enough to pull off a hair cut/color like this:

Image via A Cup of Jo.

But then I remember that I'm a goofy kid with an absolute inability to commit to serious change and go with a trim and some highlights. Such is the life of the indecisive . . . If it's all the same, though, I wish my hair would look like this, because it's pretty awesome. Maybe some day when I have a real people job and I'm not so scared of drastic changes.

As a complete aside: what does it say about you when your spam mail has subject headings like, "Be A Teacher?" What cite was I looking at that determined I should be investing in more education? Spam indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Spam indeed! & You have no need to fear. Your future is bright (remember, you're a brilliant peach) and I think that cut would look fabulous on you! You are edgy and stylish enough to pull it off...you're beautiful mind is spot on. You would absolutely rock it. No question.

    Take it from someone who got a bob (on a whim) last January when I went in for a trim. It feels amazing, even if you shed a few tears after.

    I support you in whatever you decide.

    P.s You are super skinny.

    ReplyDelete