Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summer "Reading"


Today is the epitome of a slow summer work day. It's roughly a billion degrees outside, the AC in chambers* is on full blast, and there's no one with a semblance of "authority" in the office right now. It's my second-to-last week here, and I can't finish drafting my order until the law clerk comes back from lunch. Which began two hours ago. Therefore, I find myself perusing the e-pages of Matchbook Magazine.

What is Matchbook Magazine, you say?


Matchbook is "an online lifestyle publication celebrating classics - shaken and stirred." (Their words, not mine.) But what you really need to know is that it's pretty, fun to read, and free. Pretty sure I'm not their target market, seeing as to the fact I can't afford virtually anything they advertise and don't have the skill/drive/sense of style necessary to be a fashionista, but a girl can dream, right?

*I'm currently interning at D.C. Superior Court. I work in one of the Judges' Chambers, where I draft orders, research issues, and occasionally watch trials. It's a pretty sweet deal, aside from the fact that I don't get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment