. . . that it can be completely life-consuming, if you let it, which I have for the past two weeks or so. But after finally getting into the routine at my internship, sitting through a barrage of student group meetings (some of which I organized, so I guess that's my fault), and finishing the first two big-ish assignments of the semester, I'm back!
Actually, Ashley was the one who reminded me I had this whole "blog" thing going in the first place, so Miss Yates, this is for you:

Consider it my homage to your splendid red lipstick-wearing skills, although mine is a tint that looks kind of blotchy up close. Also, I know what you're thinking, and that is definitely not the bathroom of a Harris Teeter where I stopped to buy a sad-looking generic fruit tart before dinner with the Gent's family on Saturday. Nope.
I survived the past week (Edit: week before last) by telling myself (repeatedly) that fall is on its way, which, on the east coast, is a magical time of year. As the Gent pointed out, I own more cardigans than the average individual. Maybe multiple average individuals. But if you've spent any time in Virginia between late September and mid-November, you get it. I can't wait to go on a drive down the Blue Ridge Parkway . . . if only I lived closer!
Sad but true - I started this post a week ago today but never finished it because law school got in the way (again) and then I completely forgot where I wanted it to go. I will therefore move in an entirely different direction. Onward and upward!
I usually don't have much to say in the was of "lawerly" things, other than platitudes about school being a major time suck, job applications being the bane of my existence, and me being . . . well, me. On the other hand, being a completely broke law student makes the little things in life that much sweeter. Like when you get an email asking whether you'd like to attend the 2011 Legal Times Awards Dinner, which in my mind reads like this:
"Hey you, we both know you can't cook and haven't put more than 10 minutes worth of effort into getting ready in months. How about you get off your lazy bum and do something about that hair, and we'll provide you with a wonderful meal in the company of roughly 200 complete strangers?"

Make that 200 complete stangers and this fine gentleman.
Anyways, good times were had by all, the pumpkin cheesecake was delicious, and the wind only managed to half ravage my hair before dinner (a job which it promptly completed on the walk back to the metro.) But you know what? Life is pretty good, and I'm gonna roll with it. How's that for "deep and inspirational?"
Oh, you are so beautiful and I love the lip stain. You're hair always looks purposeful, so whether is is a bit disheveled or wind blow and you rock it. I wish I could be as effortless as you are...I find you quite inspirational.
ReplyDeleteAnd we MUST go drive down the parkway together.
You crack me up!! Every time I read your blog I think to myself, Dang, that girl has AMAZING word choice. You should be a columnist. Screw law school, become the next female Ray Ramano!
ReplyDeleteI miss you ladies and your wonderful ego-boosting ways. Come stay with me?
ReplyDeleteSam, I guess you can bring Adam so long as he's okay with you spending the majority of your time with me. We have lots of golf courses here for him to enjoy, just saying.