It is currently 95 degrees outside, with what I'm sure feels like 1 billion percent humidity. In other words, it's hot. Kind of makes you question the whole "building a city on a swamp" thing, but liberty--and amazing transition seasons, which are all too brief--make the whole thing feel pretty worth it. (Also, the DC Courthouse is something akin to a refrigerator right now. Seriously; it's cardigan weather in here.)
It's another day of no "bosses" here in chambers because the Judge is out of town and the law clerk's cat is really sick, so I've been alternating real work with dreaming about the weekend. In a perfect world, my summer weekend would start with some of these:

Followed by this:

And yes, maybe even some of this:

Image via A Cup of Jo.
But in all reality, it will most likely involve lots of studying, seeing as to the fact that finals are the first week of August and I haven't even begun to prepare for them. We are going to American Ice Company Saturday night for one of Thad's friend's birthdays, though, so that should provide a brief barbeque-y respite from an otherwise "thrilling" weekend.
Here's hoping yours is at least somewhat more exciting!
On an unrelated note, and as a (wannabe) fledgling lawyer, I feel the need to note that this blog's title is not something I came up with - it's part of a quote:
"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice.Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean security is out of the question. The words "make" and "stay" become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free."
- Tom Robbins
I thoroughly enjoy your blog. You are such a lovely person with such a lovely way with words...I'm giggling and sighing and missing you.
ReplyDelete