Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Magical, Mystical Carousel Adventure

So this one time (yesterday) when the heat index wasn't at a bajillion and we had a few hours to kill between work and class, the gent and I drove out Glen Echo Park to ride the mystical carousel. Why "mystical", you ask?


Because it's never open when I try to ride it. Mystical indeed.

Taken as he said, "You're not going to get a good picture through that window." Hah!

Well yesterday was no exception, so rather than taking a turn about the carousel we sat on a picnic table and watched two girls practice an Irish dance routine while bemoaning our fate as (soon-to-be/as-yet) unemployed "scholars of the law." It got pretty depressing for a while there, but after I took a few artsy-fartsy photos of the rest of the park and we bought a couple of Cherry Cokes from the 7-11 down the street, life was pretty good again. The moral of the story? I'll go ahead and defer to Mr. Kerouac for this one:

Be in love with your life, every detail of it.

(Even those parts you can't seem to control.)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures & quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what editing program do you use?!! I love those pictures!!!!! And i just hate it when things close every time you try to go to them. there is a restaurant in Longview called the Brits with the best authentic british food and candy in the US but they are closed every time i try to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sambo! I didn't actually use an editing program on these pictures, per se. It's an app for the iPhone called "Instagram." It's pretty sweet, and I think there's a version for use on Macs too.

    And it's so weird that you mentioned English candy, I was just reading the other day about how U.S. candy isn't as good as U.K. candy, and thinking about how I should open a store specializing in British confections if this whole "lawyer" thing doesn't work out. It's either that or join a motorcycle gang . . .

    ReplyDelete